Friday, September 26, 2008

Cinque Terra, Italy


So Olpins tell us about this snazzy place called Cinque Terra and we decided to check it out. Whoa, are we ever glad we did!! It's actually a national park consisting of 5 cities that lay literally between the sea and the cliffs on the upper part of the Mediterranean. You can hike, bike, horseback, or take a small train to the different cities and just get lost in and between them. It's one of the most beautiful places I've ever been in my life!! And the bald guy swimming next to the cliffs, not me, but I went back there at 6:30 the next morning alone and swam in that exact spot!! A bit dangerous for the kids, but it was amazing!!!
I think I loaded the wrong picture (Carina and Marcus), but it's kindof fun and shows how much fun we all have and some of our wacky pictures. Second to the bottom is Thomas catching the evening surf near the campground. He had never quite been in waves like that before. It was great. Oh, and thank goodness for railings on some of the "trails". I've got a few cliff divers in the group!!!




No comments: